Friday, December 27, 2013

Nikšicko pivo - Montenegro - 15-4-11

The Low Down:
I won't pretend I understand the hundreds of years of war, border changing, rebellion and liberation that have gone into creating the current mix of southeastern Europe and the Balkans.

While I would never condone conflict and war, this has led to a lot of brewing power, a lot of passion and a lot of national pride. These countries can churn out spectacular beer.

Did I forget to italicise and bold CAN? Sorry. (that would be the way I would convey sarcasm). I'm not actually sure this was even beer; I think it was grassy hop juice in disguise. It gave me the same headache as Montenegro's Eurovision song contest team (no not this guy, that's Moldova). I have had better beers in the Queensland countryside.



Packaging: 3/10
The font is actually aggravating and it doesn't help that Nikšicko has more accents than a mildly competitive football team
Refreshment: 2/10
That I’d kept it cold was the only thing going for it.
Flavour: 3/10
Hoppy and not much else.
Alcohol Content: 5/10
5%. A saving grace, but also expected for a pilsner style beer.
Price: 3/10
$6.00. Not super expensive given how far it came, but begs the question; would you pay someone to poison you?
Total: 16/50





My recommendation would probably be to enjoy this rapidly in the summer heat of the Adriatic, drink it as fast as you possibly can so you don’t have to taste it.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment