Friday, December 27, 2013

2 Brothers Kung Foo Rice Lager - Australia - 15/12/2013

The low down:
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like beer. If you put beer into a cup it becomes the cup, in a bottle it becomes the bottle, in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, beer can flow or it can crash. Be beer, my friend. - Not Bruce Lee

Welcome to the 12 days of Christmas, or craft brew week, or something or other. All I know is there are very few days of work left and it is summer, which means delicious craft brews on shelves.

The story on the bottle is a wonderful tale of school yard entrepreneurship and the beer inside is luscious fruity and crisp. Slightly tangy and citrus it's really easy to drink, and it is disappearing faster than I might like.


Packaging: 9/10
I don’t THINK it's racist.
Refreshment: 10/10
Thanks to the Australian December and global warming, I can truthfully say this is mighty refreshing.
Flavour 9/10:
Tropical and fruity with a very slightly bitter finish.
Alcohol Content: 6/10
4.5%. A little lower than I might like, but comparative to other rice beers I've had.
Price: 7/10
$6.30 Worth it. You expect to pay a premium for craft beers.
Total: 41/50




Go and buy this, now. Run out the stock of this Melbournian glory. First coffee, now beer. What will they beat us at next? If I had to choose a meal to match this with, I’m thinking fish and chips. Preferably by the seaside.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment