Friday, December 27, 2013

Hansa Pilsener - South Africa - 9/7/2011

The Low Down:
You may notice that I'm writing up a few reviews from the "missing years" in my quest. My notes are fairly categorical and extensive, but my jokes might be more thematically relevant and timely.

Given recent events I don't think I can joke about the state of things in South Africa, as a nation in mourning (over the recent death of Nelson Mandela) I don't want to kick them while they are down.

Fortunately, unlike a 1980s south African news reel, the beer is not particularly offensive or upsetting.




Packaging: 5/10
Fairly standard fare. Move along.
Refreshment: 6/10
Unfortunately I had it a little warm, and I think that was to its detriment. I was out and about at a barbecue and the esky wasn't the best. I feel like it might score better here next time.
Flavour 6/10:
Hops. All of them. I’m trying to come up with a Rabbit joke but can't because my brain is now filled with images of hop vines.
Alcohol Content: 6/10
4.5%. Mediocre and in-keeping with the pilsner tradition.
Price: 6/10
$4 is a reasonable price for a mediocre beer. I've paid more for less.
Total: 29/50



In retrospect, I could have gone with a springbok joke. While you might be tempted to barbecue some boerewors I'd save it, and watch the South Africans struggle to match us at (insert current world stage sport here) while chewing on some biltong and sipping a Hansa Pilsener.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment