Friday, December 27, 2013

Golden Pils Special Beer - Germany - 15/4/2011

The Low Down:
"Brewed in the finest tradition"
This means we forgot to note the origin of the product on the bottle and now anyone trying to review this beer will have to search high and low on the internet to identify it.

Google maps didn't reveal a place called "the finest tradition" but a little bit of GoogleFu tells me it is most likely Germany. Or Belgium, or France, but probably Germany. Or maybe Niger.

With the shady origins aside the beer is quite serviceable, and perhaps the sense of mystery contributes to this. If you ever find out where this beer is from let me know, secrets scare me.





Packaging: 4/10
Quite regal, except IT DOESN'T SAY WHERE IT’S FROM WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.
Refreshment: 6/10
Golden ale fresh and went down a treat.
Flavour: 6/10
Sweet and malty, with the obvious top hopping notes.
Alcohol Content: 7/10
5.5%. Strong for how sweet this beer is, and it doesn't burn.
Price: 4/10
$5.80 Which I have no way to put into context without an origin listing. As it is likely German, I’m giving it a 4.
Total: 27/50


I accompanied it with Schnitzel and Jager sauce (that's Hunter sauce for those that don't speak the ancient Saxon(or German)), so I'm sticking with the Bavarian thing.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment