Monday, June 9, 2014

Saku Kuld - Estonia - 9/6/14


The low down: 
Some friends of mine were lucky enough to visit Estonia this year. While I was already jealous after hearing their stories; after drinking this beer, my jealousy is now verging on the insane.

A meshing of Scandinavian and Baltic this has the taste of grains and fruits, It's brewed with Nordic oat malt, which gives it a unique and incredible cereal nose. There is some honey and a little bit of hops but mostly it's the fruit that comes through.

So spectacular food, online political voting, Vana Tallinn and now Saku Kuld. Oh and I mustn't forget these guys. Estonia seems like it's moving up the must visit destinations list.






Packaging: 10/10
So regal, all gold and foil and wonderful.
Refreshment: 8/10
The 600ml was gone before I could complain I didn't buy a second.
Flavour 9/10
Lots of flavours, pineapple and lemon and honey with some amazing oat malt as well.
Alcohol Content: 8/10
5.2% In a 600ml bottle this is really respectable for a macro produced beer.
Price: 8/10
$9.60 It's expensive, but it's really good.
Total: 43/50



My friends visited kiek in de kök, a tower and museum in Tallin, afterwards they ate an Estonian buffet, in which the main delicacy was bear meat. I'm pretty sure you can see where I am going with this.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment