Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kingdom Pilsener - Cambodia - 4/6/14


The low down: 
When I visited Cambodia, I spent most of my time drinking Angkor beer. I wish I had spent more time sampling, Kingdom is a good find. If you have a fond spot for Asian adjuncts, this is for you.

Cambodia is a favorite place of mine, but I felt that its beer didn't match up. Vietnam has Huda and 333 which are both great. Laos has Beerlao which is arguably the best Asian adjunct lager that exists. Thailand has Singha and Chang, which are specifically designed to overcome the heat. This beer is Cambodia's answer.

Highly carbonated, soft hops aroma, and just the tinniest bit of alcohol taste. A beer fit for a tropical tree house.






Packaging: 8/10
Reminds me of Serengeti from Tanzania, but more tropical.
Refreshment: 8/10
Goes down very quickly, with a sweet hoppy finish.
Flavour 7/10
Very mild flavours of malt and hops, just what you want for South East Asia
Alcohol Content: 6/10
4.7% It's not likely to incapacitate anyone.
Price: 6/10
$8.50. I can't imagine what it costs in Cambodia, but probably not much
Total: 35/50


A strong showing from the Kingdom of Cambodia. A Czech style pils without the pucker. If you are going to survive in the heat and sweat of the jungle, you'll need Khmer noodles for breakfast and one of these.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment