Monday, June 9, 2014

Cisk Lager - Malta 8/6/14


The low down: 
Malta, the home of Cisk, the Maltese Falcon, and I can only assume, Malteasers. One of these things is not like the others.

You would think given that the country has malt in it's name they might have monopolised on that fact and made a truly spectacular malty dunkel, or even a rich bock. Heck I'd take an old school barley wine! Instead we get this, whatever this is.

To elaborate, this has a kind of bitter fruit flavour, that feels like it could have been malty once, but is over far too fast. a very forgettable beer, but maybe that's OK when you are on a stunningly beautiful rock in the Mediterranean sea. Maybe that's exactly what you are looking for, something that doesn't draw the focus of where you are and what you are doing.





Packaging: 4/10
This actually kind of hurts my eyes.
Refreshment: 7/10
Pretty easy to drink.
Flavour 7/10
Hints of flavour that vanish like ninja.
Alcohol Content: 4/10
4.2% Really quite low, even for a macro lager.
Price: 8/10
$5.50 The right price point for an import.
Total: 30/50


I mean who am I kidding, I'm going to recommend you drink this while eating an entire family fun sized bag of Malteasers, and you know I'm right.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment