Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bintang Pilsener - Indonesia 17-3-11

The Low Down:
I've had beer that tastes like water before, but I've never had a beer that taste's like Indonesian water before.

I'm still trying to discover if that's a good or bad thing, as any avid traveller will tell you, don't drink the water in Indonesia, that's how you get Bali belly. It even looks like the water in south east Asia when you pour it out of the bottle.

It's not all abysmal, it is in fact refreshing enough to remove the sweat off of my brow after doing some manual labour today.

In all honesty though, it's uninspiring.


Packaging: 4/10
Christmas coloured, with a big red communist star. Nothing amazing here.
Refreshment: 5/10
If you are hot, this beverage can help, possibly as much as lightly carbonated water.
Flavour 3/10:
Dirty, third world water is the predominant flavour.
Alcohol Content: 5/10
4.7%. Though you wouldn't know it.
Price: 4/10
$3.50 Now I know what you pay for this overseas. and this price is highway robbery. Once again thank you to the Australian government.
Total: 21/50
Conclusion:
Leave this one alone if there's something else on offer. Not the worst beer I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing, but not worth looking for. Drink it when you are very parched for some light refreshment, apart from that, I don't see a use for it.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment