Saturday, March 19, 2011

Archipelago Straits Pale Ale - Singapore 19/3/11

The Low Down:
I've been to Singapore quite a number of times. I always fly Singapore airlines and I usually give myself a short stop over if I'm heading anywhere else. In the Airport there is a bar called Harry's, that is my all time favorite pub. So you could say I am a veteran boozer in Singapore, however I have never ever seen this beer before. This makes me sad, because it is quite delicious.

It has strong and malty flavours with just a touch of fruit and a slightly bitter finish. It's fizzy and delicious.

The packaging is well designed, the intricate previous century style maps are a nice touch. It might be better than the local draught at Harry's today, but check with me again next time I am at Changi airport.


Packaging: 9/10
This is really well designed, it feels like East India Trading Beer.
Refreshment: 7/10
Not quite the "pour it down your throat" style of Singapore's other beers, but this will refresh you..
Flavour 9/10:
Malty and Fruity with a little minimal hops and no trace of the alcohol.
Alcohol Content: 7/10
5.0%. Surprising, since you can't tell.
Price: 8/10
$3.00. This was on special at one of the local specialty shops, and this makes it a bargain.
Total: 40/50

Conclusion:
This is a one of the many wonderful surprises I have experienced on this adventure so far. A beer from a country I frequent, that may be better than my previous choice. Next time I'm relaxing on Sentosa, I'll confirm one way or the other. This beer would go well with a great big plate full of Singapore Chili Crab or any other of the amazing cuisines Singapore has to offer.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment