Monday, January 11, 2016

Biere Lorraine Blonde - Martinique - 7-8-15

The low down: 
The next 2 posts will be single image affairs, as I lost my phone and was only able to recover the untapped images.

Now that the first disclaimer is out of the way here's the second "brewed under license by Heineken". Beer lovers the world over know that phrase well, and treat it with universal dismay.

This is with good reason, as the beer tastes kind of like a milder version of carbonated water. If you took what little flavour the minerals imparted to the water, and removed it. It is the absence of flavour. but I guess that makes it supremely smashable!

I know next to nothing about Martinique, and even the internet seems to write it off as that place where Napoleon went that one time.


Packaging: 6/10
Big Bold red and white flag on the 440ml can. points deducted for font madness.
Refreshment: 8/10
It's essentially spring water with bubbles.
Flavour 1/10
If there is one, my palette has trouble discerning it.
Alcohol Content: 5/10
5% is respectable, as there is no hint that it's there.
Price: 6/10
$4.50, cheap for an import in Paris where I picked it up.
Total: 26/50


How to even try and wrap this up? This is essentially the sneaky ninja of the beer world. If you told me it was soft drink, I would believe you, and I would consider it a terrible terrible soft drink. I think it's best served on a boat, in the heat, on the way to an exile on an island.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment