Monday, January 11, 2016

Cervesa Alpha Sant Corneli D'Ordino IPA - Andorra - 7-8-15


The low down: 

Getting to Andorra without a car was a chore, but it was worth it for the beer. I should explain; my girlfriend had ruined her feet a few days before, and I was at the onset of the worst stomach bug of my life. Despite this we went on a 3 countries in 1 day bus tour that I can only imagine would have been incredible under any other conditions.

The beer is delightful. I drank it after we returned to Australia and it has a great hop profile and solid malt backbone. A very good beer and more true to the English Style of IPA.

The beer is packed with big piney notes that indeed remind me of the forests of the Pyrenees.




Packaging: 7/10

Label was a little loose but the design is slick, encroaching on the new BrewDog range.
Refreshment: 8/10
In the way that only a resinous big aroma IPA can be.
Flavour 8/10
By no means a wold class IPA it can still hold its own.
Alcohol Content: 8/10
6.4% which is the only place this beer matches its U.S. west coast buddies.
Price: 8/10
$3.00 Did I mention there is no tax in Andorra, NONE, on ANYTHING!
Total: 39/50


In Andorra we ate pizza but I was so unwell that I probably didn't get any nutrients out of it. If I was to rematch this beer it would absolutely be a steak. Pub lunches all the way down.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment