Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lasko Eliksir - Slovenia 22-3-11



The Low Down:
It seems that beer from new nations that aren't that new has been a theme for me in my recent selection, and this Slavic beer has been brewed for 185 years in a country that has existed for 18. It's rich and tastes like caramel, and since it is 16% roasted malt extract I'm not surprised.

Add to that 7.6% alcohol you are left with 76.4% for the water, and sadly that's how it tastes. Like caramel, malt and water.

The bottle is impressive and the fact that it says Sir on it makes me feel like the beer respects me. It's also in the Slavic national colours, with a Alpine Ibex head as a crest. Due to this, I assume there are mountains in Slovenia.





 
Packaging: 9/10
Classy and modern, while still seeming Eastern European. There is no English, so I cant tell a thing, and I like that.
Refreshment: 4/10
It isn't very carbonated, and it has a strong alcohol flavour which means it has to be drunk too slowly.
Flavour 5/10:
The nose is promising, the beer however is a one trick pony. Hope you like malt!
Alcohol Content: 9/10
7.6% and you can tell.
Price: 8/10
$5.50. This seems completely reasonable considering the entire malt production of Slovenia is in every bottle.
Total: 35/50


Conclusion:
I drank this on the lounge when I was feeling quite tired, and promptly collapsed into torpor. Do not drink this as your 2 standard drinks before driving anywhere, you will kill someone. Instead enjoy it when relaxing after a long day. The gentle buzz is quite relaxing.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment