Friday, March 11, 2011

Birra Peroni Nastro Azzurro - Italy - 11-3-11





The Low Down:
The real problem with my local is the fact that they steal the bottle caps when they serve you a beer. Hence the following pair are missing the cap picture. In the case of the Nastro Azzurro, that's not all that was missing.

Definition of any type seems to escape the "Nasty Azure."  It is generic, and by generic I mean bitter.

If I were in Italy and this came out complete with an amazing Mediterranean seafood feast, I probably wouldn't complain. As a standalone beer however, it isn't particularly good at anything.



Packaging: 4/10
The design of the bottle is a little bit mafia, a little bit pizza parlour. so Italian I guess.
Refreshment: 6/10
The Fizz level is about right, and it goes down smooth, mostly due to the lack of flavour apart from "light alcohol".
Flavour 2/10:
What flavour, the bitterness and booziness?
Alcohol Content: 4/10
5.1%. considering it has little else going for it, this could stand to see another half a percent.
Price: 3/10
$7.50 Your money is better spent elsewhere. Hopefully I find an impressive mafia Italian beer soon, so I don't go for a long walk off a short pier.
Total: 19/50





Conclusion:
Drink this with a plate full of calamari in delicious Neapolitan sauce. Or not at all.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment