Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Liechtensteiner Hells Spezialbier Munchner art - 9-9-17 - Liechtenstein


The low down: 
Liechtenstein is really cool! A tiny city in a tiny country with a castle you cannot visit. I had this with Lunch in a nice little hotel restaurant as rain spittled down from the dark skies in 10 degree September. We came by train from Switzerland and the scenery was enough to send you blind; Which is a good thing too as the rough tail end of fusal alcohol in this little gem might have otherwise accomplished the job shortly after. It's a bit of skunky esters, a bit of green matter, and a lot mediocre Munich style lager. It will do for a tick.



Packaging: 6/10
Brand is appealing, I love good font work.
Refreshment: 4/10
I don't know that a Munich style beer was what I needed in the pouring rain, thought this may be more effective in July.
Flavour 4/10
Look it's there, it's just overpowered by the usual things in a micro brewed Helles, primarily missing that crisp finish.
Alcohol Content: 4/10
5.0% flat so not really anything special.
Price: 2/10
$9.00 And just not worth it beyond the country tick.
Total: 20/50

I really wanted to visit the brewery, but they opened late, are out of the main town, and there is no Uber in Leichtenstein. To that end I expect that IPAs and stouts may have been more my speed, but expediting the country tick has let me down. Eat this with Spatzel, it's cheese noodles with cheese sauce, and we know how I feel about cheese.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment