Sunday, June 8, 2014

Casablanca Premium lager - Morocco - 3/6/14


The low down: 
OK, a prerequisite for this review, I need you all to go and listen to/watch this first.

Now that we are all in the correct mood I can carry on with the review. I almost flew to Morocco to try and track this down last year, and now it has shown up in Brisbane.

As far as lagers go this is absolutely stunning. It tastes like the exotic northern African flavours I imagine, that probably don't exist. Dates and figs and tea and honey.

Casablanca isn't even the part of Morocco most people visit, as Tangier is a much easier boat trip from Spain. I'm impressed I got the whole way thought that without a quote from the film.





Packaging: 8/10
Off-center, stumpy, and short, but still good.
Refreshment: 10/10
I came here for the waters, I was not misinformed.
Flavour 9/10
Lots of different flavours, all lined up in a row.
Alcohol Content: 7/10
5% even. A good showing if nothing to write home about.
Price: 8/10
$8.50 From the bar of the same name.
Total: 42/50



What is your nationality?…I’m a drunkard.
I'd try and tell you what to match this with, but I don't plan that far ahead.
Here's looking at you kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment