Thursday, April 24, 2014

Orkney Skull Splitter - Orkney - 24/4/2014


The low down: 
the Orkney's. People will question why I have included this as an entry in my world beer experience. Given the current tension in the UK parliament; where Scotland plans to break away, and the Orkney's are asking for special dispensation; I'm just hedging my bets.

P.S. Forget politics, this is amazing. In the true Scotch ale style, it's almost more carbonated spirit than ale. Rich and heavy, without tasting like orange juice and methylated spirits.

Scotland is my ancestral homeland and during my recent visit I learned of it's diversity. Orkney is on the list of must visits, and I can't think of a better place to "go on the bash" Who's keen?







Packaging: 9/10
Vikings! My number one barbarian tribe from the middle ages.
Refreshment: 9/10
It's certainly refreshing, more-so than any other wee heavy I've ever drank.
Flavour 8/10
Tastes like whisky, if whisky was a beer. ( I love whisky, and understand there is no E in traditional scotch whisky)
Alcohol Content: 10/10
8.5%. You what? There is an amazing balance, how is this 2.2 standard drinks?
Price: 7/10
$9.45. not super cheap, but only Iceland is further away than the Orkney's.

Total: 43/50



Tried to pull a viking face for the photo. Failed. This has the taste of all of the pillaging and murdering, without all of the pillaging and murdering. Spicy sausage, that's what this needs. How spicy, All of the spicy.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment