Monday, April 14, 2014

Kross Golden Cerveza Pale Ale - Chile - 14/4/2014


The low down: 
This beer is seriously strange. I mean super strange. When they said golden, I didn't think they meant golden syrup.

In doing my regular 10 minutes of research, I discovered that Chile produce a large percentage of the world's salmon, and over one third of its copper. That still doesn't explain anything about this beer, except perhaps the colour, which is somewhere between salmon and copper.

This Pale Ale tastes like it's part amber and part peaches that sat in the fruit basket just a little too long, giving off the kind of sickly fruit stench that attracts insects, and that's how you get ants.





Packaging: 7/10
This is not your average South American beer. This is crafty.
Refreshment: 5/10
Just a little too sweet. I don't see this being necked in the Atacama desert.
Flavour 6/10
Some kind of honey and fruit I guess? With subtle malts and bread. Perhaps malted fruit bread covered in honey?
Alcohol Content: 6/10
5.3% is pretty much on par for a solid PA.
Price: 8/10
$6.00 which I can live with for imported craft beer.
Total: 32/50



So this is getting harder to drink as it heats up, which is disappointing but not a deal breaker. I have the pilsner as well and I'm hoping it comes in a little stronger. If you find the Golden Cerveza Pale Ale, it's worth a try, probably with some stinky foot cheese or something else with a kick.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment