Monday, March 24, 2014

Taiwan Beer Mango - Taiwan - 24/3/2014


 The low down: 

No bottles, but when it comes to a seven eleven purchased beer brewed by the Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corp, beggars can't be choosers.

The label is in Chinese except for "natural and fresh", "quality and tasty",  "mango" and "beer with fruit flavour". Only one of these actually describes the drink.

It tastes like mango in the way that mango jelly tastes like mango, and it tastes like beer in the way that... well it doesn't taste like beer.

I also have the pineapple and the grape, but I thought mango was the best chance for a high score.



Packaging: 4/10
I hate beer from a tin, it reminds me of being 14, but the label is pretty great.
Refreshment: 7/10
Its like slightly fizzy mango water. In summer this would own.
Flavour 4/10
Watery, mangoy, fizzy drank. There just isn't enough.
Alcohol Content: 2/10
2.8% to be fair, any more would make it suck more.
Price: 7/10
$1.30 from a convenience store. Seems reasonable.
Total: 24/50



To be fair, today it is really hot and muggy and terrible. I am drinking this super fast and it's better than soda. I'm going to power through the grape as well, and then I'll be approaching what would have been 1 regular beer. Drink this with hot humid air.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment