Saturday, March 22, 2014

Barbican lemon - U.A.E. - 21-1-2014


The low down: 
OK, this is a cheat. U.A.E is a dry country, but this was on sale in the beer section of a convenience store in Budapest, so I say it counts.

I first tried this in Malaysia, by the banks of the Malacca river, and I was instantly a fan. Considering it is priced around the soft drink mark anywhere I have found it, it's actually a pretty good supplement for coca cola or other sodas and has the benefit of being wildly exotic to my palate.

Really though, it isn't a beer. Non-alcoholic malt drink is a strange beast, and while I don't love it, I don't hate it either.





Packaging: 4/10
Arabic and unreadable, once again green and blue....
Refreshment: 9/10
It's like a coca cola add from the 80's I am the guy having an ice bucket dumped on him.
Flavour 6/10
It's subtle, but the lemony goodness is very reasonable.
Alcohol Content: 0/10
As I said, U.A.E is a dry country.
Price: 5/10
$2.40. So about the same any soda from an Australian convenience store. This was actually not cheap for Hungary though!
Total: 24/50



I can never condone alcohol free beers, but if I had to choose one, this is likely to be it. I have tried the apple, peach and raspberry, and look forward to the pineapple and pomegranate.
But let's hope I never have to make that choice. Drink this with a shot of hard spirits.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment