Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Haandbryggeriet Good Force - Norway 12-4-11

The Low Down:I Like my Norwegian beer, like i like my Norwegian metal. Heavy and frostbitten. This beer is pretty much the greatest thing ever invented.

When I drank the Dark Force, it was around thirty dollars for the bottle. and worth every penny. This one cost less than half that. and was probably twice as good. Star wars references aside, this is a 10% ABV imperial wheat beer.

The bottle is simple and clean, with a dark tint to protect the gods nectar inside from the mighty day star in Norwegian summers.

Tastes like spicy, fruity, wheaty, boozy goodness. I have never tasted anything with so many layers. The finish is smoky and sweet at the same time.


Packaging: 8/10
I can't give this full marks on the bottle, but it is a great counterpoint to the Dark Force bottle.
Refreshment: 10/10
Pour it into your face like it's water, but so much better.
Flavour 10/10:
There is more flavour in this bottle than in all of the warehouses in mangalore.
Alcohol Content: 10/10
10% That's right you sissys. This beer has 3.9 standard drinks in a single bottle.
Price: 10/10
$12.95. Costing about the same as a jug of draught brew, with the same number of drinks, and a bazillion times the flavour. Worth it.
Total: 48/50
Conclusion:
I previously thought they drank mead in Valhalla, now I know differently. Haandbryggeriet Good Force is the reason that Vikings want to die in battle. Drink it on it's own, anything you eat will simply detract from it's awesomeness.
Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment